Thursday 21 May 2009

Day 7 Garstang to Carlisle


Todays route Garstang, Lancaster, Kendal, Shap, Penrith and finally Carlisle. NO RAIN today!!A long hard ride, set off from Garstang and as I dropped into Carnforth could see Morecambe Bay...and the hills of the Lake District in the distance. As I approached Kendal decided to go off piste and take in some country lanes, bit of a mistake as these were very narrow and extremely hilly.. and navigating myself through the lanes cost me some time. left Kendal and had the notorious climb up to Shap. it's a long climb to the top taking over an hour, with an ascent of 1400 ft (I think?) but then you have a long descent into Penrith. It was then a slog to Carlisle, by the time I reached Carlisle it was rush hour, finally reached my destinationaround 6 p.m..

elapsed distance 82.86
elapsed time 6:34:40

No comments:

Post a Comment